Tuesday 9 January 2018

Celebration time for TGIF #141 and GDP #120


New Years Resolutions. 
Have you made any this year? 
I'm not really one for making New Years Resolution but this year I have set myself a few goals that I hope to achieve. One of them is to push my creativity by participating in at least one challenge a week and another is to be more consistent with my blog. Last week I participated in a TGIF challenge and guess what, my project won!!! How exciting! (Click here to see my project)

So here I am in week 2 and today I'm participating in TWO challenges with this project. 


The colours for this project, Fresh Fig, Night of Navy and Island Indigo, were inspired by this weeks TGIF colour challenge and the layout was inspired by this week Global Design Project CASE the Designer Challenge. The card I chose to CASE is this gogreous card by Krista Frattin. 


I just adore Krista's work. She has an amazing talent of layering elements to create the most beautiful cards. Head over to her blog, Stampin Dolce, to see some more of her work.


Inspired by Krista I've layered this sponged and heat embossed cake from Celebration Time over some metallic thread, ribbons, sequin trim, punched out shapes and a metallic doily. 

I also want to give a shout out to another amazing demonstrator, Susan Wong who inspired the sponging on my background and the cake. I've not had a lot of success with the sponging technique but after watching one of Susan's Crafty Carrot Collective tutorials I picked up a couple of tips and I'm loving the technique now. 
I hope you enjoyed my post and I have inspired you today. 

 - Tan xx


8 comments:

  1. FABULOUS card for sure!!! I love your sponged cake with the ombre of color, it's awesome. Thanks for joining our color challenge at TGIF. Smiles, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elizabeth. I definitely found this colour combo to be a challenge so I'm glad you like it

      Delete
  2. I absolutely love the ombre cake! Thank you for playing along with the Global Design Project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stesha. I'm really happy with how it turned out too.

      Delete
  3. Tanya!!!! This is GORGEOUS!!! So glad you were able to play along with us for this challenge! Hope you'll be playing along next week too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jeanna. Hoping to make this a weekly habit.

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous card Tanya and a well deserved win in the TGIF Challenge! The sponging really is done beautifully.

    ReplyDelete