Thursday 3 May 2018

Lil' lunch notes | Let's Get Hopping #9



Welcome to another Let's Get Hopping Blog Hop. You may have just arrived here from my amazingly talented friend Susan Wong, didn't you just love her projects? If you are starting here please make sure you hit the next button at the bottom of this post and hop all the way around

This month's task was to complete a set of cards and I'm really excited to share my creations with you. 
My biggest boy (age 11) has been having a little bit if a rough time at school of late, just the standard school yard bickering but it's got him down just the same. So as a bit of a "pick-me-up" I decided to create some little lunch box note cards that I can write an uplifting message in and pop in his lunchbox. Since most of the problems are occurring during snack and lunch times my hope was that when he opens his lunch box he'll find my handmade note and that will lift his mood before he heads out to play. 


The bright and colourful designs from the Tutti Fruitti DSP stack were the obvious choice for me when I was deciding on my designs and I just couldn't resist adding a piece of coordinating DSP to decorate the envelopes. When it came to adding the sentiments I was spoilt for choice, Stampin' Up! includes so many wonderful sentiments in their stamp sets that I had a hard time narrowing the sentiments down to just 6! 
Here's a close up of each of the cards. 







Thank you for hopping by today, I hope you enjoyed my post. Next up in the hop is the super talented Sherry Espinoza, I can't wait to see what set of cards she is sharing.  


 - Tan xx



11 comments:

  1. oh Tanya, what a beautiful idea to cheer your son with the little message. The cards are gorgeous! I made once a work packed lunch for a friend and slipped a sweet message in as well. It made his week, he said. It was just on a sticky note...

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so gorgeous Tan! I know they will brighten his day, he is going to feel very loved!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect sentiments, I know his days will be brightened!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet Mom, such a super cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is it wrong to say that I want to eat these cards? Seriously ... they are so delicious looking! Thanks for the inspiration, and the great hop Tan! Hugs from Canada!💖

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tanya, these are such sweet and juicy cards, and what a great idea to put in a lunchbox to brighten your son's day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww! What a lucky boy to have such an amazingly caring and talented mamma! I hope you don't mind me CASEing your cards, because even though my son is 17, I may just have to tuck one or two (or all) in his backpack for encouragement. Thank you for the inspiration!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Diana, and of course you're welcome to CASE. We're never to old to appreciate a little note of encouragement from our Mummas.

      Delete
  8. What a gorgeous idea to slip in some lunchtime pick-me-ups - hope he keeps these treasures for years to come to remember how you cheered him up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Memories forever from mum his a lucky boy to have such a beautiful Mum. Love all of them Tan Thanks for sharing. Big hugs

    ReplyDelete